Pomegranate is an ancient fruit originated in Iran and the Himalayas particularly in Northern India. It is now widely cultivated in the Mediterranean regions and Southern Europe. The Moorish introduced this fruit in the Spanish soil which they named Granada. Spanish settlers in return, brought pomegranate in Latin and North America. Large production of this fruit in America can be found in California and Arizona.
Pomegranate has several seeds called arils which can be turned into juice, molasses and syrup, it has an appealing taste to drawn consumers. Hollywood celebrities used this juice as their energy boosters and antioxidants supplements. Like Acai berry, Pomegranate has the following health benefits:
- Effectively cleanse internal organs making it free from toxin and other harmful substances.
- It controls weight gain through its antioxidants and fibers properties
- It helps cure diarrhea and other stomach upsets
- Prevents bloating and digestive system discomforts
- Revitalized body cells with its powerful antioxidants and vitamins
- May help prevent Alzheimer's disease
- Helps lower bad cholesterol while retaining good cholesterol.
These are just few known health benefits from Pomegranate. Daily consumption of this fruit and supplement may help eliminate life-threatening diseases in the future.